STD Testing – Why Me?11 Comments
Did you know that the TLC Clinc is now offering FREE STD testing? Read below to see why you should get tested today!
Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Facts
Do you know ………..
- You can have Gonorrhea or Chlamydia without any symptoms? Most women don’t have symptoms at all!!
- These infections are very common, especially with people between the ages of 15 and 25 years old.
- Untreated infections in women can cause scaring in your fallopian tubes which can cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) that can lead to permanent damage to your reproductive system, inability to get pregnant, or deadly ectopic pregnancies (pregnancy outside of the uterus.)
- All sexually active woman under the age of 25 should be tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea every year.
- You should be tested if you have a new sex partner in the past 90 days.
- If you are pregnant, you can pass these infections to your baby during delivery. If you have had a new sexual partner during pregnancy, you should be retested before delivery!
- Untreated infections can increase your chances of getting HIV-the virus that causes AIDS.
- Having multiple sex partners increases your chances of getting these infections.
- Testing is quick and painless. Just a urine sample is needed.
- These infections are easily cured with antibiotics, however, you can become re-infected if you have sex with someone with the infection.
- Reinfection is common. Test again three months after treatment!
Want to be tested? Call 724-389-7195 for more info.